For the past couple of years, a group of UToronto SCS #digitaledu instructors and students have presented a panel at PodCamp TO on the state of digital education. In 2015, we want to try something different: a lively campfire discussion – where everyone can weigh in – on what’s happening in social media education, what’s working, where it’s falling down, how it’s evolving from a DIY model into something more formalized, whether or not academic institutions can keep up and if there’s a better way to approach it. If you’ve taught social media, conducted a workshop or training session, taken a class or workshop, please join @martinwaxman, @edenspodek, @donnapapacosta, @dibegin, @AlisonGJ and others for a no holds barred conversation.
Key Take Aways
- Better understanding the ever changing state of digital education.
- Whether academic institutions are able to keep up - why or why not?
- If DIY is the best model for social media education or if should it be formalized.
- What's working in digital and social media education.
- What ideas there are out there for a better training model.