Many startups pitch ideas, but fail to recognize that their version of a good idea is not necessarily what their audience and customer is looking for. Is what you are building really what people want? How much work have you done on getting to know your customers to be sure that what you think is a good idea, is a good idea to them to. Once you’ve gotten to this point, are you working hard to make your business, and what you do as clear and simple as possible. And finally, you have a great idea, but do you have a plan to get it to market? – what are your channels?
Key Take Aways
- developing a clear value proposition
- making it clear that there is a fit with your market
- learning from your (potential) customers
- presenting in a way that connects with your audience (whether trying to get into an accelerator, or pitching a client)
- identifying potential challenges to growth (long sales cycles, noise, no channels, no champions for your product)